Last Weekend's Camping Trip

>> Saturday, October 23, 2010

If you even want to call it that :P

Eric and I drove down to meet our parents at some campsite on Saturday morning. We talked, played games, lounged around... I guess the stuff that people normally do when they camp? I'm not much of a camping person myself. I like the idea of it more than the act.

Saturday night, Eric built the fire :)

We made smores, sat in the rain, and finally went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up sick and grumpy and all I wanted to do was leave... haha.




Eric and I took a walk through this trail and I told him about this time that I went to an ostrich farm with my parents. He knew that there was one not too far from where we were camping and we should go. I thought it was a great idea, so I looked up the directions and we left the campsite. Well this so-called "ostrich farm" was in these huge hills and it was like a completely residential area (with gigantic houses). We saw tons of ostriches and we figured that was it, but when we finally got there, the place had "private property-no trespassing" signs all over it. We were bummed.

So we drove back up through the hills and huge wealthy neighborhood, and Eric read a sign the said "peacock crossing." Not even a second later, we see a pecock hanging out in front of some orange trees. Perfect picture opportunity. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment