all that i can say - david crowder band

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

We sang this song in youth last night and I'm almost positive that it instantly became my favorite song. This song is so amazing and so true. I think I speak for most Christians when I say that some days it's just really difficult. We have those days where we just wanna cry or sleep ... or both. Things go wrong. We just have flat out sucky days where the last thing we want to do is sit down and read our Bibles or   even pray and we feel like we have nothing left to give. Why is it that the days we need God the most, we forget to turn to him and ask for help? Because we're human... and we think that we have to be strong and independent and do everything on our own. My mom always used to say to me "if you want something done, you do it yourself." and while, this is a quote that I pretty much live by... I can't do anything alone. I need God. Sometimes we feel as if God leaves us... like he sets our hearts down somewhere and forgets about us. But that's not the case. He's always standing next to us, but we forget to talk to him.

Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark
Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while

And didn't You see me cry'n?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where you sat it down

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
i know it's not much
And this is all that I can give
yeah that's my everything

Bridge:
I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were cry'n too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet

0 comments:

Post a Comment